Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I'm nervous.

For a majority of my life, I have always wanted to do something that involved music and writing.  No...I do not mean music writing; I'm not cut out for that.  Until high school, I never realized that this was possible.  I knew about music journalism, but I had never considered it for myself.  This past summer I fell in love with it.  How dramatic.  Music journalism allows me to insert my opinion and be passionate.  Writing about a board meeting wouldn't quite have the same affect.  Now, I am very aware that this is a specialized topic.  Chances of me getting the chance to write about music while in my twenties are slim to none.  What will I do, then?  After going through the sports and business sections of the Associated Press Stylebook, I became even more nervous.  I don't know anything about business!  I don't know anything about sports!  These are two major sections in most newspapers.  This freaks me out.  I know that these aren't the only sections, and that there are numerous things I would still be able to write about, but does this make me underqualified?  Should I start studying all I can about business (bleagh) and sports?  I have a hard enough time following the stock market, let alone the various chapters of bankruptcy.  That's a completely different ball field.  Eek.  Maybe I should subject myself to reading the business and sport sections of the Chicago Tribune.  Too bad my parents didn't use that as a punishment tactic on me when I was younger.  It would have been horrendous at the time, but perhaps I would be better versed in bankruptcy and rabbit punches.  

No comments:

Post a Comment